BACK 2 THE EIGHTIES
Welcome,80's fan!!! Please sign up for our forum. It's quick, easy, and free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BACK 2 THE EIGHTIES
Welcome,80's fan!!! Please sign up for our forum. It's quick, easy, and free.
BACK 2 THE EIGHTIES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» RICK ASTLEY: RECORD HOLDER
FAN CONCERT REVIEWS! Post your concert reviews here! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:35 am by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» CYNDI LAUPER LOVES N.Y.C.
FAN CONCERT REVIEWS! Post your concert reviews here! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:32 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» THE MOTELS HIT THE WEST COAST
FAN CONCERT REVIEWS! Post your concert reviews here! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:29 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» TIMBUK-3..THEIR BRIGHT FUTURE!
FAN CONCERT REVIEWS! Post your concert reviews here! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:18 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» PUTTING ON THE RITZ WITH TACO!
FAN CONCERT REVIEWS! Post your concert reviews here! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:39 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» SOLID GOLD!!!!
FAN CONCERT REVIEWS! Post your concert reviews here! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:59 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» ADAM ANT HITS THE STATES!
FAN CONCERT REVIEWS! Post your concert reviews here! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:32 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» THE 1980'S HITS THE BOOB TUBE!!!!
FAN CONCERT REVIEWS! Post your concert reviews here! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:10 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» GEOFF TATE:THE VOICE OF QUEENSRYCHE.
FAN CONCERT REVIEWS! Post your concert reviews here! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 2:56 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

FAN CONCERT REVIEWS! Post your concert reviews here!

Go down

FAN CONCERT REVIEWS! Post your concert reviews here! Empty FAN CONCERT REVIEWS! Post your concert reviews here!

Post by Rev. Cecil B. Demented Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:29 pm

[b][size=18] This thread is specifically for all of you concert goer-s out there. Post your own reviews of your favourite bands from the 1980's here! clown
Rev. Cecil B. Demented
Rev. Cecil B. Demented
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-08-03

https://back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

FAN CONCERT REVIEWS! Post your concert reviews here! Empty The ReGeneration Tour 2008

Post by Rev. Cecil B. Demented Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:32 pm

OPENING NIGHT: PHOENIX, ARIZONA THE DODGE THEATRE
80'S LINE-UP NOTHING BUT HITS!!!!!
The ReGeneration Tour kicked off last night at the Dodge Theatre in Phoenix,Arizona, bringing some of the biggest names from the New Wave era of the 1980's. On the bill,were L.A's Missing Persons, featuring Dale Bozzio, a re-vamped line of A Flock of Seagulls,ABC,Belinda Carlisle ( lead singer of The Go-Go's,with a successful solo career), and headliners The Human League.
Now, keep in mind that all tours have technical or timing problems.This is especially true of the first night of a tour of this size. The show started late,making it necessary for Missing Persons and Flock of Seagulls to play shorter sets,yet, the show was actually better for it.

Missing Persons opened the show. Slamming into their hit,"Destination Unknown",they were very well recieved by the audience.Dale Bozzio graced the stage clad in a black jacket, long blonde and pink tresses,an a plush,pink cowboy-style hat. Always known for her tonal vocal stlye, she was true to form. Her voice has help up very nicely, and from the opening beat,the band rocked....Miss Bozzio and crew delivered!

Time between sets was shorter than expected, so,if you step out between acts...make it quick.

A Flock of Seagulls were next, and, either they planned a very short set, or, due to the late start,had to cut some songs. Yet, in the 4-5 songs they played,I was satisfied. Let's be honest....unless you are a huge fan,only certain songs are really necessary. Don't get me wrong...they were good,but I was grateful for their short set,as I was ready fro ABC.

ABC vocalist Martin Fry has abandoned his 1980's gold lamay jacket, but his voice is still strong, and this crowd ate up every single note. Resembling a well-aging soap star, he wore a genuine smile as he belted out tunes like "The Look of Love" and "When Smokey Sings". The band were tight,and complimented the music behind Martin's crooner-style voice.Their set was longer than the 2 openinng acts,yet they didn't overstay their welcome. Very good, I must say. ABC has quite a large fan-base,and faithful music fans never forget.
After maybe a 10 minutes set change, ex-Go Go Belinda Carlisle took the stage. Dressed simply in all black,her hair worn in a brown swing bob,she recieved a very warm welcome.There has been speculation as to why Belinda would even be on this tour, as she was a Go-Go in the 80's,not starting her solo career until the early 1990's,and, given the (un-conscience) New Wave/Synth Pop theme of the tour, she seems out of place. Yet, she was a welcome break to the electronic, more driven sound of the other acts. Bottom line, with a few Go-Go's tune, and a greatest hits set of her solo material, Belinda, who has family in Phoenix,was very entertaining. Tambourine in hand, she gave a sultry vocal performance on hits like "Circle in the Sand". "I Get Weak",and "Mad About You", which featured an acoustic beginning. Belinda still has the beat. (She currently resides in France, where she has lived for the last 15 years.)

Then......it was time for The Human League. Complete with an all white stage set,and large screens above them,The Human League gave a stunning performance. Lead Singer Phil Oakley entered the stage in a long, priest like black coat,his eyes hidden behind black slim sunglasses. Female vocalists Susan Ann Sulley and Joanne Catherall slinked out, and the show was on. One thing became easily obvious.The Human League owned the stage tonight.
For a band who, self-admittingly, were never meant to be a "live band", The Human League fought their way through the difficult 1990's, even scoring a club favorite with the single "Tell Me When"
Phil and the Ladies blazed through the best of their catalogue. "Human", with it's haunting harmonies and soulful beat came acrossed with elegance.Crowd favorites "Electric Dreams", "The Lebanon",and the opening song "Mirror Man" kept the crowd on it's feet for their entire set.
Now, as you can see, I haven't listed every song done by every artist. I think it's important to have at least some surpirse at a show like this.
It really was a trip back...from the tunes, to the audience. If you looked around the venue, people wore their 80's fashion with nostalgic pride. It was a piece of magic......
Un-fortunatly, the merchandise booth did not get all the items they were supposed to have. Reduced to Regeneration Tour t-shirts,and the new cd by ABC, selection....well, it stunk. I love concert merchandise,so, for me, this was my only dissapointment.
So.please share your experience with us here on this thread. Give us your feedback! And don't forget to vote for your pick of acts for Regeneration Tour 2009 . Just go the home page for the tour, click on "Bands" and vote!
Special Thanks to Rick and Al from Red. Entertainment.
Marc Farr, Phoenix, Arizona Reverend Cecil B. Demented, High Priest, The Church of the Freedom of the ID, founded 2007 cyclops
Rev. Cecil B. Demented
Rev. Cecil B. Demented
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-08-03

https://back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum