BACK 2 THE EIGHTIES
Welcome,80's fan!!! Please sign up for our forum. It's quick, easy, and free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BACK 2 THE EIGHTIES
Welcome,80's fan!!! Please sign up for our forum. It's quick, easy, and free.
BACK 2 THE EIGHTIES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» RICK ASTLEY: RECORD HOLDER
Stevie Nicks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:35 am by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» CYNDI LAUPER LOVES N.Y.C.
Stevie Nicks I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:32 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» THE MOTELS HIT THE WEST COAST
Stevie Nicks I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:29 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» TIMBUK-3..THEIR BRIGHT FUTURE!
Stevie Nicks I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:18 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» PUTTING ON THE RITZ WITH TACO!
Stevie Nicks I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:39 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» SOLID GOLD!!!!
Stevie Nicks I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:59 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» ADAM ANT HITS THE STATES!
Stevie Nicks I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:32 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» THE 1980'S HITS THE BOOB TUBE!!!!
Stevie Nicks I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:10 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» GEOFF TATE:THE VOICE OF QUEENSRYCHE.
Stevie Nicks I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 2:56 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Stevie Nicks

Go down

Stevie Nicks Empty Stevie Nicks

Post by Rev. Cecil B. Demented Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:50 am

cyclops In 1980, Fleetwood Mac vocalist / songwriter Stevie Nicks entered the studio to record her first solo lp,"Bella Donna". The album was made, according to Stevie, simply as a way to record some of the many songs she had penned,which were not able to be put on a Fleetwood Mac album. In Fleetwood Mac, Stevie had to share album space with the other writers and singers in the band.For Stevie, releasing 3 or 4 songs every two years was simply not enough. Having to wait for the producer she wanted, (Jimmy Iovine),the album was not released until 1981. Jimmy Iovine was working with Tom Petty at the time. Many people thought that this album would consist of "artsy-crafty" type material,and no one suspected that it would propel Stevie into International Stardom. Yet, when the album hit the record stores,it took off like lightening! Including two duets,"Stop Draggin' My Heart Around", written by Tom Petty, and "Leather and Lace",featuring Don Henley of The Eagles, "Bella Donna" showed every one that Stevie Nicks was, indeed, a force to be reckoned with. Then came the rumours that Stevie was leaving Fleetwood Mac,which proved to be un-true. A short tour followed,with Stevie knowing that as soon as the tour concluded, she was right back with Fleetwood Mac. the song "Edge of Seventeen", a haunting tune written about the death of John Lennon, is, to this day, a landmark rock tune,loved by many, and even sampled by Destiny's Child. With the success of the album, Fleetwood Mac were never the same. It became obvious to the band, and to the world, that the true star of Fleetwood Mac was, and is, Stevie Nicks. Stevie went on to release "The Wild Heart","Rock A Little","The Other Side of the Mirror", and many more solo efforts, all to great success and sales. Yet, none of this ever kept her from her role in Fleetwood Mac, who she still holds un-dying loyalty to. Stevie proved that an artist can have a successful solo career, while still maintaining a vital role in the band that gave her her start. Only a handful of artists, of any decade, have been able to pull off such a career. Stevie Nicks, the Goddess of Rock and Roll, showed them all. Today, she continues to record and tour with great aplumb and success.Recently, Stevie released her best of package,"Crystal Visions",and followed it with a highly-successful tour. PBS recorded Stevie live for their Soundstage series,which will be released on dvd in September. Stevie Nicks, is one of the last true stars. cyclops For all things Stevie, log on to www.nicksfix.com
Rev. Cecil B. Demented
Rev. Cecil B. Demented
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-08-03

https://back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down