BACK 2 THE EIGHTIES
Welcome,80's fan!!! Please sign up for our forum. It's quick, easy, and free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BACK 2 THE EIGHTIES
Welcome,80's fan!!! Please sign up for our forum. It's quick, easy, and free.
BACK 2 THE EIGHTIES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» RICK ASTLEY: RECORD HOLDER
Allow me to introduce myself. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:35 am by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» CYNDI LAUPER LOVES N.Y.C.
Allow me to introduce myself. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:32 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» THE MOTELS HIT THE WEST COAST
Allow me to introduce myself. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:29 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» TIMBUK-3..THEIR BRIGHT FUTURE!
Allow me to introduce myself. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:18 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» PUTTING ON THE RITZ WITH TACO!
Allow me to introduce myself. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:39 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» SOLID GOLD!!!!
Allow me to introduce myself. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:59 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» ADAM ANT HITS THE STATES!
Allow me to introduce myself. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:32 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» THE 1980'S HITS THE BOOB TUBE!!!!
Allow me to introduce myself. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:10 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» GEOFF TATE:THE VOICE OF QUEENSRYCHE.
Allow me to introduce myself. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 2:56 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Allow me to introduce myself.

5 posters

Go down

Allow me to introduce myself. Empty Allow me to introduce myself.

Post by Rev. Cecil B. Demented Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:16 pm

[b] cyclops GREETINGS 80'S FANS! I am Cecil B. Demented,aka Marc. I am the creator and head administrator of this forum. I live in Phoenix, Arizona,and have been a musician since I was 12. I created this forum after being made a moderator on the Regeneration Tour forum. After attending the show, I sat down and started the creation of Back 2 The Eighties. For my generation, The 1980's were the best time of our lives, and,as a musician and a fan, the music was the soundtrack of our lives. I love many types of music,especially 80's rock,pop, synth, and dance music.
My age? 37! My favorite artist of all time? Stevie Nicks. I proudly admit that i am stuck in the 80's. As long as we keep the 80's alive in our hearts and ears, they will never be over! Cool
So, there's a little bit about me. Now...who are you? cyclopsAllow me to introduce myself. Ultram10
Rev. Cecil B. Demented
Rev. Cecil B. Demented
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-08-03

https://back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Allow me to introduce myself. Empty Voiceman I am

Post by voiceman Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:17 pm

so this is just starting out and this is way there are few peps in here Marc?
I've been in radio 22 years and my fav bands are ABC, Human Leauge, FGH, Naked Eyes, Enigma, Fixx, Simple Minds, Police. Married 25 years, no kids, two dogs
I will check in from time to time and hope this grows for ya
voiceman
voiceman

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Allow me to introduce myself. Empty Re: Allow me to introduce myself.

Post by atomic99 Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:58 pm

Nice music choices there, Voiceman!

I'm a big fan of 80s Synth Pop, New Wave & New Romantic music. My favorite bands are OMD, Ultravox, The Fixx, early Gary Numan, Berlin, Jean-Michel Jarre, and many many more bands.

I've been DJing off and on for the last 4 years for an internet music station, www.FlashbackAlternatives.com. You can also reach them via iTunes. They play deeper album cuts and rare stuff for those of us that crave more than the usual stuff one might find on a typical 80s station.

You can request from the playlists, it is all automated, and there are daily DJ shows each day at 6pm/9pm PST I do the Tuesday slot with alternating shows; The FA Themepark and Atomic 2.0. The later plays a bunch of dance music and the former picks a theme for each show like the music, movie, and events from one year (just did 1983 this week), or Before they were Famous (rare early stuff like Visa Versa/ABC, The Future/Human League, Strontium 90/The Police, or Neon/Naked Eyes) or groups from one country, etc.

We've done group meets with fans from the station over the years, either meet ups in certain cities or just as groups going to concerts together.

atomic99

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-25

http://www.flashbackalternatives.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jadiswhite Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Hi!

My name is Michele and I'm from Phoenix. Back in the 80's I was a huge fan of Duran Duran, and fulfilled my dream of hanging out with them backstage during the 1997, 1998, and 1999 tours. Besides Duran Duran, I love The Smiths, Depeche Mode, The Cure and pretty much any 80's stuff you can think of that was played on MTV in heavy rotation. I also dig current (indie) music, and am looking forward to Coachella this year.

I have written concert reviews for websites such as axisoflive.com, and have a really deep love and appreciation for music. The 80's hold a special place in my heart, though.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

jadiswhite

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasinstead Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Well, I'm James, Live in Illinois, And Though I know and love the 80's, I was born 84, so I'm still learning. I do know I like Stevie Nicks, Billy Joel, and some assorted others. I also sang in a small Alternative band called SincSwytch, but it never went anywhere.
Jasinstead
Jasinstead

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum