BACK 2 THE EIGHTIES
Welcome,80's fan!!! Please sign up for our forum. It's quick, easy, and free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BACK 2 THE EIGHTIES
Welcome,80's fan!!! Please sign up for our forum. It's quick, easy, and free.
BACK 2 THE EIGHTIES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» RICK ASTLEY: RECORD HOLDER
EXCLUSIVE HEAVEN 17 INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:35 am by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» CYNDI LAUPER LOVES N.Y.C.
EXCLUSIVE HEAVEN 17 INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:32 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» THE MOTELS HIT THE WEST COAST
EXCLUSIVE HEAVEN 17 INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:29 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» TIMBUK-3..THEIR BRIGHT FUTURE!
EXCLUSIVE HEAVEN 17 INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:18 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» PUTTING ON THE RITZ WITH TACO!
EXCLUSIVE HEAVEN 17 INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:39 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» SOLID GOLD!!!!
EXCLUSIVE HEAVEN 17 INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:59 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» ADAM ANT HITS THE STATES!
EXCLUSIVE HEAVEN 17 INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:32 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» THE 1980'S HITS THE BOOB TUBE!!!!
EXCLUSIVE HEAVEN 17 INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:10 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» GEOFF TATE:THE VOICE OF QUEENSRYCHE.
EXCLUSIVE HEAVEN 17 INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 2:56 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

EXCLUSIVE HEAVEN 17 INTERVIEW!

Go down

EXCLUSIVE HEAVEN 17 INTERVIEW! Empty EXCLUSIVE HEAVEN 17 INTERVIEW!

Post by Rev. Cecil B. Demented Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:06 pm

ALL RIGHTY, KIDS. HERE IT IS! STRAIGHT FROM GLEN GREGORY HIMSELF!

______HEAVEN 17______Glenn Gregory

1) Is this tour a sign of more things to come from Heaven 17?

Heaven 17 on tour in the USA it’s a first… not even at the height of popularity in the heady days of the1980’s did we do this…
We are really looking forward to playing live in the States and seeing our American fans for the first time. Electronic music from Sheffield is coming to a town near you…
Of course now we’ve started I’m sure we won’t want to stop.
To be honest my voice sounds better now than it did then it has improved with age…

2) What tunes can we look forward to hearing from you on this tour?

We haven’t yet decided on the definitive set list but certainly we’ll be playing some of our favorites including:
Let me go, Temptation, Come Live With Me. We have some interesting live versions of tracks that we have worked out over time as we have been playing live, I really like the way we do ‘Penthouse and Pavement’ and love the version of ‘Geisha Boys and Temple Girls’ so maybe they’ll feature to.

Just before the last tour we did in the UK with The Human League and ABC we went into the studio and recorded some of these new versions and put them on an album called Naked As Advertised, along with a couple of oddities and rarities it’s a very interesting record.

3) Who would I find in your music collection?

Oh that’s a question… who wouldn’t you find might be easier to answer… here’s a few things I have been listening to.
Kraftwerk, Hot Chip
Joy Division, The Killers
The Human League, La Roux
Roxy Music, Empire Of The Sun
The Ramones, Kings Of Leon
And lots of other stuff I like my ipod on shuffle and on loud.

4) The line-up of this tour brings you back together with old mates. Is a big tour like this an enjoyable experience?

Well I hope it is…
I’m sure we’ll have a lot of fun, there are quite of few people that I have known for years but haven’t seen for ages so I’m certain there will be plenty of catching up to do… and quite a few late nights... which obviously not affect the wonderful performances that we will all surely all deliver.

5)80's music has seen a resurgence in popularity in the U.S lately. Have you seen the same in the U.K.?

We certainly have, there is a whole new swathe of Artists that sound soooo 80’s at the moment and walking past clothes shops at the moment is a real flashback it’s a bit scary sometimes.
But you’ve gotta love it…

Many people have been waiting a long time to see Heaven 17 again. Thank you for joining the Regeneration Tour. We look very forward to seeing you on the road!
Marc
back2theeighties[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]EXCLUSIVE HEAVEN 17 INTERVIEW! Heaven17EXCLUSIVE HEAVEN 17 INTERVIEW! Heaven18EXCLUSIVE HEAVEN 17 INTERVIEW! Endles10[url][/url][img][/img][img][/img][url][/url][img][/img][img][/img]
Rev. Cecil B. Demented
Rev. Cecil B. Demented
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-08-03

https://back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down