BACK 2 THE EIGHTIES
Welcome,80's fan!!! Please sign up for our forum. It's quick, easy, and free.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BACK 2 THE EIGHTIES
Welcome,80's fan!!! Please sign up for our forum. It's quick, easy, and free.
BACK 2 THE EIGHTIES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» RICK ASTLEY: RECORD HOLDER
EXCLUSIVE!!! CUTTING CREW INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:35 am by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» CYNDI LAUPER LOVES N.Y.C.
EXCLUSIVE!!! CUTTING CREW INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:32 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» THE MOTELS HIT THE WEST COAST
EXCLUSIVE!!! CUTTING CREW INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:29 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» TIMBUK-3..THEIR BRIGHT FUTURE!
EXCLUSIVE!!! CUTTING CREW INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:18 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» PUTTING ON THE RITZ WITH TACO!
EXCLUSIVE!!! CUTTING CREW INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:39 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» SOLID GOLD!!!!
EXCLUSIVE!!! CUTTING CREW INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:59 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» ADAM ANT HITS THE STATES!
EXCLUSIVE!!! CUTTING CREW INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:32 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» THE 1980'S HITS THE BOOB TUBE!!!!
EXCLUSIVE!!! CUTTING CREW INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:10 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

» GEOFF TATE:THE VOICE OF QUEENSRYCHE.
EXCLUSIVE!!! CUTTING CREW INTERVIEW! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 2:56 pm by Rev. Cecil B. Demented

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

EXCLUSIVE!!! CUTTING CREW INTERVIEW!

Go down

EXCLUSIVE!!! CUTTING CREW INTERVIEW! Empty EXCLUSIVE!!! CUTTING CREW INTERVIEW!

Post by Rev. Cecil B. Demented Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:48 pm

THANKS TO RICK OF RED ENTERTAINMENT OF NYC, I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO GET A CHANCE TO TALK WITH NICK VAN EADE, LEAD SINGER OF 1980'S MEGA-HITSTERS CUTTING CREW.
WITH A NEW CD,GRINNING SOULS, AND A RUN THROUGH THE U.S ON THIS SUMMER'S REGENERATION TOUR,CUTTING CREW ARE READY TO CONTINUE DOWN THE HIT-STUDDED PATH THEY STARTED IN THE 80'S.
First of all, Thank you for this interview. We look very forward to seeing you guys on the Regeneration Tour 2009!

1) Almost 25 years of Cutting Crew! Did you ever imagine this longevity back in 1985?

NICK: If you told me that in 2009 I would be singing on stage with Bobby Kimball, Roger Hodgson and Martin Fry then i would have laughed out loud. To have been able to record and release stuff over the past 3 decades has been a privilege and to have kept my voice in tact after all that debauchery...

2)The new cd, 'Grinning Souls" is dedicated to the memory of another founding member, Kevin MacMichael, who passed away tragically of cancer. What else should we know about the album?

NICK: This is my first without a record company and therefore without an A&R man so i had complete control over the shape and sound of the songs. Its a pretty raw and honest piece of work, then i recorded off the floor with 5 20 year old canadian musicians in Kevin's home town, Halifax, Nova Scotia. I am mostly proud of the fact that it takes people by suprise and does not sound like an old 80's fart!

3)Cutting Crew recently played Germany with a full orchestra. Any plans to do this type of show in the U.S.?
NICK:Yes, but it has to be the New York Philharmonic...well, lets start with sold out club gigs and then move on up to Carnegie Hall. Seriously though, it is a real high to hear those string parts played for real especially if by a clute blonde from Stuttgart!

4) What are your feelings about the resurgence of popularity being enjoyed by 80's music today?

NICK:Well of course i am greatful as it pays for my daughter's university fees. I am aware of the fact that the 80's sentimentality seems to be stronger than the 70's and 90's. I predicted, wrongly, that it would all fade awaybut i guess you cant keep good songs with great melodies and big hair with big shoulder pads...down.

5)If I were to look in your cd collection, who would I find?

NICK:I'm a bit of a snob and love discovering new bands so here are a few you probably havent heard of. MIR, Wheeler Street, The Trews, Tom Baxter, Cathy Burton, Kite, Combination Head, Flogging Molly.
And my most played list includes...The Faces, The Who, Bonnie Raitt, Rufus Wainright, Ed Hardcourt, Debussy, Mahler, Led Zeppelin, Marillion.

6)Nick...back in the late 90's you left the music world due to your feelings about the corporate side of things. Have your feelings changed?

NICK:My feelings haven't changed one bit but thank god the music industry has. It is unrecognisable from 10 years ago with so many new opportunities for self promotion/management and individuality. Obviously, myspace and youtube are the new A&R man and Garageband is the new Abbey Road Studios. If only we had these opportunities back in the 80's so many bands would have ended up with a couple hundred quid in their back pockets instead of hundreds of thousands of pounds in the unrecouped column. Long live Rock and Roll!

7)What can we expect from Cutting Crew musically on the Regeneration Tour?

NICK:It will be a five piece band like the old days playing the hits, some fiendish covers but it will be alot of fun. A real celebration to Cutting Crew's largest and most loyal fan base. I have a fabulous new guitarist, Gareth Moulton who has, respectfully taken on Kevin's role. I will miss Kevin especially in New York where we spent many long dark nights together.

Again, much thanks to Cutting Crew for this interview!! We look forward to hearing the classic hits, and some new tunes from you guys on Regeneration Tour 2009!
This interview will be exclusively featured on www.back2theeighties.forumotion.com
.EXCLUSIVE!!! CUTTING CREW INTERVIEW! Cuttin10EXCLUSIVE!!! CUTTING CREW INTERVIEW! C_crew10
Rev. Cecil B. Demented
Rev. Cecil B. Demented
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-08-03

https://back2theeighties.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down